• Saltwise- (IC) Far too dry for the Saltwise. (OOC) New Mexico is not near any water.
• Reclaimer- (IC) The drylands are almost as far away from the far north as you can get. (OOC) New Mexico does not meet any of the requirements for the strain.
• Semper Mort-(IC) If there were any cryogenic facilities in drylands, they would have succumbed to the arid desert heat long ago. (OOC) Although New Mexico was known for advancements in technology, this was mostly focused on military and energy research and development.
• Genjian-(IC) There were no New Hope bastions for humanity in the drylands. (OOC) New Mexico was not known for heavily fortified or medical research locations.
Requires approval of costume and background. Limited Quantity available. Players wishing to play a rare strain need to submit a detailed background that shows their complete understanding of the Dystopia Rising genre and world material. Must adhere to the high standards of role play and costuming required for that strain. Players wishing to play an Rare strain will need to expend 300 AP (Assistance Points) upon approval of submitted concept. If you would like to play one of these characters please submit concept to (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with detailed costume picture.
• Baywalker- (IC) Few Baywalkers wish to venture so far from the coastal regions in to the arid drylands. Only a hardy few wander the desert all the way to Paradiso. (OOC) Baywalkers developed in coastal cities and typically stayed near those locations for easy scrounging in the drowned ruins.
• Full Dead- (IC) Few Full Dead have awakened in the Drylands however some centuries old settlements exist in the territory so they are not unknown. (OOC) Full Dead develop from very old cities of which NM only has a very few with enough population.
• Pure Blood- (IC) in a community jointly owned by a Solestro and a Vegasian no Pure Blood will be welcomed and probably treated with barely concealed contempt. (OOC) New Mexico was never a very wealthy state and as such no Pure Blood aristocracy would likely have developed.
Requires approval of costume and background. Must abide by the high standards of role play and costuming required. For approval of Uncommon Strains, Backgrounds must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of that strain and their presence in the Dystopia Rising world. Players wishing to play an uncommon strain will need to expend 150 AP (Assistance Points) upon approval of submitted concept. If you would like to play one of these characters please submit concept to (email@example.com) along with detailed costume picture.
• Unborn- (IC) The Unborn of Teixiptla have started to venture out from their mountain strongholds. They have been sighted around the outskirts of Paradiso inquiring about trade. (OOC) Unborn require extensive costuming, makeup, and background to play and must be approved by staff.
• Yorker- (IC) Yorkers hail mostly from Old York but have been found in the ruins of many large cities or settlements. There are a few large cities nearby in the Lone Star and the ruins of Old Kerky that Yorkers have traveled to Paradiso from. (OOC) New Mexico and the areas around New Mexico do not have many large cities that Yorkers traditionally developed in.
Requires approval of costume and background. Must abide by the high standards of role play and appropriate costume. These strains are going to be difficult to play at Paradiso and we want those who take them on to be fully prepared for the role play they will receive. If you would like to play one of these characters please submit concept to (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with detailed costume picture.
• Solestro- (Solestro's without tie to the Del Sol family should plan for some active roleplay with local Solestros family.) (IC) Paradiso is unique in that it is jointly owned by a Solestro and partially run by his family. As such there are many Solestro in the town. (OOC) The players will need to have an approved background detailing their relation to the del Sol family and approved costuming so as to not be culturally appropriative.
• Iron Slaves who are still slaves- (We do not encourage this, but will allow it pending background approval by staff.) (IC) There are occasionally slavers that stop through Paradiso with their bound Iron Slaves, however although Slavery is not outlawed it is also not protected. There are many free Iron Slaves who may go out of their way to free their bound kin. (OOC) Being an Iron Slave that is owned and not free will definitely provide some heavy roleplay and potentially CvC activity.
• Mericans- (IC) The Drylands are not an easy place to live. There are many dangers and not many Mericans chose to stay in the harsh environment when there were better easier settlements nearby. Mericans tend to be rude, loud, and overbearing at the best of times and are usually treated with disdain and ridicule by the settlers of Paradiso. (OOC) Mericans are a hardy people and evolved everywhere in the wastes, however there are not enough big settlements or trade caravans to warrant a large population. The players can expect some ridicule and social roleplay in Paradiso.
These strains are open to any character created in Paradiso. These strains are found nearly everywhere in the wastes. Background stories are not required but are highly encouraged for all characters. This will maximize your game experience.
• Lascarian (Those not from the Crawls Bad Settlement should plan for some active role play)
• Diesel Jocks (May NOT start as a Bolts or Sacred 66 member)
• Iron Slaves, freed.
• Nation of Accensor
• Natural Ones
• Red Stars (recommended to have a cell)
• Fishmonger: Characters playing a fishmonger in the Drylands are going to face some unique challenges. The settlement will have limited water which will affect fishing and sailing to represent the Drylands desert environment. This isn’t to say a player cannot or should not play a fishmonger but we want the player to know what they are getting themselves into.
• Psion: Due to a heavy presence of Fallow Hope in the area of Paradiso, and the history of the settlement, all players who wish to play Psions will require proper background submission and will need ST approval. There will definitely be some possible persecution and/or combat towards Psion characters so we want the player(s) to know what they are getting into
• Children (Characters under the age of 17)
• Sex slaves (Actual or implied)